Our mission is to support the Brandon Township Public Library through special activities, fundraising, and the acquisition of library materials.
Some members support the Friends simply by making cash contributions, while others become more involved by donating their time. Funds raised from contributions, used book sales, and events sponsored by the Friends of Brandon Library are used to provide the extras that make our Library a great asset to our community. A strong and healthy Library enhances the community we live in. Why not join today?
To join, stop by the customer service counter or call 248-627-1460 and leave your name and contact information. A Friends member will contact you.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Become a member and bring a friend along
- Help in the FOL Bookstore
- Advocate for the library at local community events
- Donate gently used or new books, audio books, movies, or music CDs
- Make financial donations or gifts in memory of or to honor a loved one
- Leave the library a bequest
We are hoping that an influx of your book donations will replenish our shelves. Please think of us before discarding your books in good condition, and your CDs. Books of all subjects, for all age levels are gratefully accepted. If you need help in transporting your collections, please contact the Library. (No ancient textbooks or VHS cassettes, please)
Thank you for your donations and for your patronage. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT DO THE FRIENDS DO?
We raise funds through the ongoing sale of used books, recorded books, music CDs and movies on DVD, in addition to special fundraising events. Some of our projects include:
- Sponsoring the Summer Reading Program
- Sponsoring Adult and Teen Programs
- Funding of Children's Programs including the Annual Battle of the Books program.
- Funding for library fund raisers
- Providing the monthly Book Page that is a free publication to all patrons
- Storage shed for the Facilities Department
- New receipt printers for the Circulation Department
- Books for the Battle of the Books competition
- New shelving for the Youth Department
- Sponsorship of the SCRABBLE Tournament
- Sponsorship of the Summer Reading Programs
- Sponsorship of the Teen programs and contests
- Book bags for the Youth Holiday program
- Materials for the Gingerbread House workshops
- Financial support for the Sequels newsletter
- Funding for various Adult and Youth programs
- Karaoke Revolution game for PlayStation for teens
- Frame for donated artwork for Youth Department
- Sponsorship of “BookPage” publication available at the library
- iPod and speakers for Youth Department
2014 MEETING DATES
Meetings are generally held monthly beginning in January, the fourth (or fifth if applicable) Tuesday of the month, at 6:00 pm in the Library's Board Room.
- January 28
- February 25
- March 25
- April 29
- May 27
- June 24
- July 29
- August 26
- September 30
- October 28
- November 25
- December 16
President: Lindsay Newcomer
Vice President: Sherry Waterstone
Treasurer: Paula Youst
Secretary: Mary Dorda