The library offers computers to the public for use in accessing the Internet as well as Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point. All computers have DVD players.
Computer Use Procedures
To ensure fair and equal access for all library users, we require that you login with a VALID library card. Most of the computers are available for a one-hour session. If no one else is waiting to use the computers, you may extend your session time, up to a maximum of 4 hours per day.
If you do not have a library card, you may ask for a guest pass at the Adult Reference Desk. Guest passes are valid for up to two hours per day and are only good for the day they are issued.
Please review our Internet Access and Computer Use Policy.
• 19 public computers equipped with Internet Access are located in the Adult Services area of the library.
• Two Express Workstations are available for patrons who need to quickly access internet information. One is located in the Adult Services department, the other is located by the card catalogs. Patrons may access the Internet and print from these stations. Usage is limited to 15 minutes.
• One Overdrive workstation is located in the Adult Services department. Patrons may access Overdrive to download audiobooks and transfer them to their portable device. No word processing or printing.
• One scanning workstation is located in the Adult Services department. Patrons may scan and email documents from this station.
• Four library catalog workstations are located in the lobby for searching the library’s holdings. No Internet, word processing or printing.
Software Included on Public Internet Computers
• Internet Explorer 9
• Microsoft Word 2010
• Microsoft Excel 2010
• Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
• Microsoft Publisher 2010
Public Internet Printer
There is one printer connected to the 19 public computers which prints in both bolor and black & white. Color copies are $1.00 each. Black & white copies are $.15 per page.
Enjoy free Internet access with your portable, wireless enabled computers such as a laptop, notebook, iPad and iPod Touch at the Brandon Township Public Library.
- Immediate Internet access using your own computer in the library
- No time limits
- Fast downloads directly onto your own device.
- Use of your own software and access to your own files while being connected to BTPL resources
- A Computer with a WiFi compliant wireless network card
- A Charged battery in the computer. (We cannot assure you that there will be outlets available.)
- Headphones compatible with your computer if you plan to use audio files.
No printing services are available. To print, either save to a disk or e-mail the files to yourself and print them from another computer.
Signal strength will vary within the library.
Only web based e-mail is available through the library network.